The Charlie Esson Stewardship Bursary
Muskoka Conservancy encourages young people to successfully complete a post-secondary school education related to the Natural Sciences (Biology, Forestry, Environmental Studies) or related Technologies (Wildlife, Forestry, Environmental Engineering). In support of this, Muskoka Conservancy is offering a $1,000 bursary, known as The Charlie Esson Stewardship Bursary, to assist a student in achieving academic qualifications in these disciplines.
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of Ontario in the geographic boundaries that encompass the District of Parry Sound, and District of Muskoka and an attendee or graduate of one of the six high schools located within those boundaries.
- While priority will be given to applicants entering first year, all undergraduate and graduate students are invited to apply.
- Applicants are required to provide with their application two supporting letters of recommendation, e.g. volunteer leader, teacher, employer, community member. Please do not include letters from family members.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a copy of their resume with their application.
- The successful applicant is further required to demonstrate that they are enrolled and attending the course of study specified in the bursary application. Additionally, the bursary will be awarded in two, $500.00 payments with the first $500.00 payable to the successful candidate upon proof of registration and the second installment payable upon proof of attending a second term.
- Application deadline is Friday, May 12, 2017 by 4 pm. Applications are to be forwarded to:
Muskoka Conservancy, Attn: Jenn LeMesurier, Land Stewardship Coordinator
47 Quebec Street, Box 482
Bracebridge, Ontario, P1L 1T8
- Digital copies of this application can be downloaded at www.muskokaconservancy.org
- Please direct any questions to Jenn LeMesurier by email or phone: 705-645-7393 ext. 200
- Applications are considered incomplete without:
- Application Form
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Past Bursary Award Recipients: